Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Car - Delivered

As promised, my new "Indie Jones" (fond nick name of our new acquisition) was delivered on 8th albeit with some "oh no" moments.

My friendly sales executive tells me on thursday morning that they are still not in receipt of the cover note and hence, mostly, the car will be ready only on friday, 9th. I nod my head over the phone and get started with  my daily chores a tad disappointed. I was scheduled to travel to Sullia on 8th afternoon anyways, so I told the executive that i will pick up my car on Monday, 12th Mar. Then i get busy with my work and at about 2:45 PM, I start to sullia on my A-Star(froggie). As I cross kengeri and almost near Bidadi, the executive calls me and tells me that my indie jones is ready and all paperwork completed. He pleads to come and collect the car right then. On one side, is the new found excitement of bringing home Indie Jones, and on the other side, I am already one hour into my journey and I have beaten all city traffic already! Boy, he pretty much sealed the conversation when he said "Sir, we are running tight on space here and it is unnecessary risk" and first thing that comes to my mind is scratches! I tell myself that there is no way i will let my indie jones stay there for a minute more than absolutely necessary and I made the first available U turn back to bangalore, park froggie outside my apt, hop into my wife's i10 (blueyy) and reach concorde by 4:10 PM.

Overall Process of Handover:

My executive who is smiling from ear to ear greets me. After the initial niceties, we get into paper work. As usual my experience with Concorde has been top notch. The paper work is arranged and is all ready. The cover note apparently came later in the day after our phone call and executive was not aware of my plans to drive out of town. I sign on atleast 10 different papers (delivery note, gate pass, invoice, ext warranty, amc etc etc) and we now head to the delivery bay. There it stands, glittering and shining all the way to glory with art leather seat covers. I look around the car and i have the PDI checklist printed in my mind. Although i had checked one round before registration,  i validate the car from exterior, the First Aid kit, warranty papers, battery warranty, duplicate set of keys, fuel coupon, warning triangle, jack and tools, spare wheel and i tell him everything looks alright. One thing I notice is that the number plate is still not fixed. I ask my executive and he says he will have it ready in 2 mins and it was indeed ready in2 mins. It took another 5 mins to fix it. And, I am all set to drive away with my new car.

I take a couple of mins to adjust ORVM, seat recline, height etc and I crank the engine and engine springs to life with low fuel warning indicator on. Executive assures me that there is atleast 3 lts of diesel and i move my car, and head towards exit of Concorde and the security validates the VIN number of the vehicle before letting me out.

Now, one key thing i want to mention here is 10th digit of my VIN is C and 12th Digit is A.

10th Digit stands for year of manufacture - 2012 (A being 2010, B being 2011)
12th Digit stands for Month of Manufacture - Jan (A being Jan, B being Feb and so on)

So, definitely I have got a spanking new car, considering I blocked the car on 22nd Feb by paying token booking amount. So nothing much to complain there and in fact, I am happy about it. I would not want a car that sat in the dealer yard for 5-6 months. The spice red with 50% tints looks really spicy with loads of chrome all around :)

So, the new car delivery was buttery smooth and so far so good. Only thing is that I had to return back from my hometown trip, which i again started at 5:45 PM but hey, Anything for the joy of driving home new car.

Couple of things on my mind at this time that needs to be done on priority:

- HSRP (High Security Registration Plate - the one with numbers embossed with hologram and so on)
- Immediate upgrade to Philips Xtreme Vision H1 and H7 (+100%) to aid night adventures.
- Steering wheel cover


On my way, near Subramanya Arcade, there is an IOC bunk, where i topped the diesel worth 1K and drove home and parked Indie safely in my parking lot.

Will post pics of my Indie sometime soon.

- Aravind Kamath

2 comments:

  1. Super U Turn :-) Congrats on your new car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I got a new car last week and now planning to drive it around the town this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete