Monday, March 19, 2012

First Long Trip - 650 Kms Covered Over the Weekend

Indie completed the first long drive from Bangalore to Sullia via Mysore, Madikeri and back. Here are some of the highlights:

- I struggled to get the synchronization going between me and the machine. The turbo would kick in and the car would take off but negotiating the traffic on Mysore road with the turbo coming in was a challenge initially.
- Once the turbo kicks in, the car simply develops phenomenal power
- Completed the entire journey with A/C on, absolutely no power drop
- topped up about Rs 800/- worth of normal diesel in sullia. Premium Diesel is NOT recommended for Vista.
- During the onward journey, the time taken was 6 Hours and 5 minutes to cover 325 Kms. Started at 7 PM and reached at 1:05 AM with two breaks of 10 Mins each.
- While coming back, I was completely in sync with the car behaviour and the journey was really amiable. We completed 325 Kms in 5 Hours 25 Mins with one break of 25 Mins. Man, this was my best ever from Sullia to Bangalore.
- Comfortably passed Innovas, i20s, Swifts and loads of other makes without having to sweat it out. Not to say that those vehicles are not capable, may be individual driving style, but Indie was able to cruise at 120KMPH at about 2500 RPMs and the cabin noise was very minimal. The car did not feel stressed.
- During my onward journey, it was quite unnerving while manouvering the car at 100+ speeds. I realized that the steering wheel of indie is tuned differently as compared to my A-Star. Indie steering wheel is hyper sensitive where as A Star steering wheel is not so sensitive. I feel Indie steers more for the same rotation of the steering wheel as compared to A-Star. This steering behaviour during my onward journey was part of the "did not feel in sync" with the car experience. However, on my way back, I got used to it and was steering it appropriately without going through "Oh My God!" moments.
- Headlights are not meant for night driving : went over one speed break each during my onward and return journey at 40-50 speeds as the poor headlights ensured that the speed breakers were visible only at the last moment. Not to mention that the speed breaker warning signs were not placed on the shoulders as well. Upgrading to Philips ExtremeVision +100% 55W H1 and H7 today!
- Overall, the experience was super.

No comments:

Post a Comment