Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A/C Vents and Headlamp Adjustment

Today I visited the concorde service centre to have a couple of minor things to be fixed/adjusted.

First: I had earlier observed that the A/C vent flaps on the passenger side was not moving up and down. The control that moves the inner set of flaps left to right was functioning properly. However, the control that moves the outer flaps up and down was not functioning and the flaps were stuck in a position.

Second: The high beam alignment was not satisfactory. I had to get it adjusted.

Now, I talk to my sales executive and he asked me to come in today but he informed me that he is out of station and some other lady would help me out. I show up there at 3:45 PM. The only grouse I have about that place is that there is absolutely no parking space and I have to be extremely watchful as about every nook and corner is occupied by cars. Once I found the parking space, I stepped in and was attended to promptly in less than 15 seconds. I explain the executive that I am in to have the A/C and high beam fixed, she takes me to the express service bay immediately. Then, begins my first service experience.

All the mechanics are busy attending to other vehicles and without this lady, I just realized I stood no chance of talking to any one out there. The executive finally managed to grab attention of one of the mechanics after 5 mins and then he takes a look at the A/C vent and declares that this needs to be done by the electric department and that this would require the player and A/C panel to be removed. Then after another 5 mins, they take my car inside and the car came back after 15 mins and yes, both the high beam and the A/C vents were indeed fixed.

Now, I was not treated the way I am treated in Hyundai and Maruti Service Centers but it was not bad either. It was simply different. There are not much niceties, but the executive was polite while dealing with me. She managed to get the job done. Thats about it. And honestly, I think that is what really matters at the end of the day. While I would certainly like to be treated as king, I would not complain as long as the issue is fixed.

Coming to the overall driving experience so far, the car has been simply exhilarating when the turbo kicks in at 1750 RPM and with the truck loads of low end torque it provides for city driving. The gear shift is not as precise as it is in my froggie and blueyy. The froggie gear shift is damn precise and the gears slot with so much of surety. Indie gear shift is less precise and at times tentative but I think is what we have come to expect of a diesel. The car is loaded to the gills with gizmos and will enhance the driving experience. The A/C is an absolute chiller. So far, I have driven 190 Kms in the last two days and I am expecting the first servicing to be due sometime early next week. But, owing the sheer number of vehicles I see at dairy circle Concorde and the difficulty in parking the vehicle, I think I will give the vehicle for servicing at AutoMatrix at Mangalore later next week when I have to visit there on a personal trip.

- Aravind Kamath

No comments:

Post a Comment