Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grinding Noise from Front Right Wheel

Hmm, it is too early, but my mind is starting to wander in the wrong direction. Barely 6th Day into owning Indie, I start to hear a grinding noise from the front right wheel. It is like some metal rubbing continuosly and it vanishes when i turn either right or left. When the vehicle is moving straight, the grinding noise is back. I can hear my heartbeat racing now. My trusted old fella Maruti 800 did not make this noise. My i10 Sportz Kappa Automatic did not make this sound. My froggie (the one that has been driven to the limits) did not make this sound. Our Blueyy did not make this sound. Why is my 6 days old indie making this sound? Absolutely no hard braking so far!

The sound that I hear appears to me is coming from the front right disk brake. Looks like the brake pads are rubbing against the rotor. No, it is not the hand brake because Hand Brakes only lock rear wheels. Anyways, I will have this checked again at Concorde tomorrow! Gosh, this is getting ominous and I kind of dont like this. A/C Vent first and now the grinding noise!

This friday I am scheduled for the first long haul with my indie to the tune of ~ 350 Kms one way with almost 5 hours of the journey in the darkness and the grinding noise is not inspiring confidence. May be I am just freaking out a little bit, but kind of started missing my froggie already. May be I am over-reacting, may be, just may be, these are common while my indie is trying to settle down but whats for sure is I wont sleep tonight.

First thing I am having Indie checked tomorrow.

Will share the outcome tomorrow.

- Aravind Kamath

No comments:

Post a Comment