Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cracked Bumper, Shattered Tail Light - Fixed

Got the second service done. Along with that showed the cracked bumper and shattered tail light. I was given an estimate of 2500/- for replacement of the tail light (right lower) and rear fender refit with brackets etc replaced and bumper touch up. The split was something like 1100 for tail light assembly including labour and 1300 for bumper work. Gave the car at 9:30 AM and got the car back at 7 PM. But, a job very well done. Will post pics later. Sad part is that the high beam is still not aligned to my satisfaction.

Two and half months into the ownership, I think I can say that so far, the car has been fantastic. I dont regret having made the choice. The small "niggles" I have listed before were not something that I lost my sleep over or not something that made me mad. Most importantly, none of those niggles were on the critical path of the car's basic function - moving from point a to point b.

Let me continue to share my experiences as we go along. For now, 1700 KMs trip is just round the corner. Will update soon.

-Aravind

No comments:

Post a Comment